masterofreality...

cunt of the week...



quote of the week...

"A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree."

--Spike Milligan--

Sunday, January 22, 2006

...northernisms (or should that be east-midlandisms?) I've learned so far...

us == our
me duck == mate/dude
snap == food
tuppence == cunt
strain me cabbage == take a piss [f.]
he'd skin a turd for a farthing == a miser
cowbag == bastard

Will add more as I think of them. Was a little confused when I first arrived in Nottingham. I expected everyone to speak perfect RP, having only ever seen Nottingham on TV in ITV's execrable "Robin of Sherwood" from the mid-eighties.

Michael Praed is a lying cunt.

Incidentally, if you need a quick laugh head over to www.TV-Ark.org.uk and check out Jason Connery's "acting" from the later series.

The scene they have online is the aftermath of the death of Robin Hood. Michael Praed played Robin of Loxley, and when he quit they killed him off. At the start of the next series Herne, the pagan god of the forest, forces Robert of Huntingdon [ingeniously, another historical candidate for the inspiration for the RH legend] to become the new Hooded Man. Unfortunately Jason Connery was completely shite and the series died a death shortly after.

As a side note, I was absolutely obsessed with Jason Connery when this first aired. I would have been 5 years old at this point, so fuck anyone that claims that poovery isn't at least partly genetic.

 

Comments:

Post a Comment

| ©2003 masterofreality | This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?