Wednesday, June 30, 2004
...fucking microsoft fucking windows...
anyone who can tolerate using this heap of shit for day-to-day home or office computing should have their balls examined. They must be impotent.
I finally bit the bullet and accepted a free x86 box from Nazmul because all the specialist Epidemiological and Model Building software is windows-only and I need access to it at home these days. I only had the cunting thing running for about three weeks before some stray fragment of internet excrement found its way through Microsofts Firepicket-fence and rendered the thing completely unusable. Hours and hours of farting about transferring updates onto it via the amiga later I get it going well enough to download and run a few spyware and virus killers. Each of them found loads of crap pumping any personal information I might have been stupid enough to enter on the fucking thing out to such dubious domains as "light.merked.uk" and "error.merked.us" at a rate which reduced my effective useable bandwidth to about 0.5kbps and each completely failed to get rid of it.
I eventually succombed to despair and reinstalled Windows XP and went straight to the Microsoft Update site to get all the latest security fixes. This initially proved impossible because the modem driver supplied as standard with XP is incapable of establishing a reliable connection via a v92 modem. I should mention at this point that AmigaOS3.5, released in 1995 while the parent company were in the midst of bankruptcy proceedings and fully eight years before the development of v92, is perfectly capable of maintaining such a connection. I finally get the thing working properly (more downloading on the Amiga and transferral of files) only to be told by windows update that I have over 100MB of critical and security-related stuff to download. Given that the whole thing fits nicely on a single CD this means that fully one sixth of Microsoft's flagship product is, by their own admission, utter shite.
Once it was working again and fully upgraded and protected I tried to download a few things from download.com in the hope of getting some use out of it, only to find that (almost without exception) anything that doesn't require an upfront payment to run is laced either with invidious spyware or Trojan horse viruses. The useless snatch of cunts don't even bother to scan the stuff before encouraging every poor twat with a PC to download and install it.
And after installing all the security updates my homepage in IE got reset to MSN.com. And they're running front page (no pun) ads for the fucking Atkins diet.
Cunts, cunts, cunts, cunts, cunts, cunts, cunts, cunts, cunts, cunts, cunts, cunts.