Thursday, January 08, 2004
...It reminded me of that scene in Absolutely Fabulous...
...where Edina is bemoaning Saffy's dress sense. "Please tell me you're a lesbian. At least it would explain the clothes"
"All right - I'm gay"
"Oh HURRAH!"
One minute they were at each others' throats over something that happened years ago, and the next she wanted to cuddle him and take him shopping. She was like a kiddie at christmas.
Classic lines we've all heard too many times before:
"...uhh yes, actually"
"That's fine. Oh that's really great! Oh I'm so pleeeeaaased." (...etc, followed by a squelching sound and a call for the fanny-doctor)
" Why is your dress sense so bad?"
"We can go shopping"
"This is great. At last I've got Gay friends. I can say 'my brother's Gay' at parties. I feel so --- what's the word?" (I shit ye not.)
" So have you done, you know? What did you do?"