Monday, October 20, 2003
...Great quotes from Tom Baker in Metro
"Well, I tell you this: I am sexually - even as Tom Baker - irresistible to ladies over 80. They often say: 'It's Tom Baker, isn't it? The old Dr Who?' And I say: 'Yes.' And they say: 'I thought it was. As soon as I saw you, my bosoms began to tingle.' In Waitrose, there are lots of old ladies trying to pull me. They smash their trolleys into mine, saying: 'I live quite close by, dear."
"I do think the upper middle-class ladies stay lecherous, to the point of death"
"Somebody asked me to go on what's-the-name?"
Interviewer: GMTV?
"Yes, Eamonn Holmes with his terrible 'I'm eating shit' grin and that acid blonde: bottle blonde, black bush - Fi-ona, I think he calls her. I couldn't possibly go on, I would be sick in his lap. "
"We went to old theatres and we had these student-slaves, wanting to get into television: the ones who did sarcasm at Cambridge. "