masterofreality...

cunt of the week...



quote of the week...

"A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree."

--Spike Milligan--

Monday, October 20, 2003

...Currently Watching BBC1

Bob Monkhouse is a smug fucker. He's regaling us viewers with recollections of his encounters with a whole string of comedy greats. It's reminiscent of what David Niven did for a living after his film career went to buggery (Parkinson, parkinson, more Parkinson and a book of anecdotes), except that the stories are (probably) true and none of them are funny.. The clips are all crap too. The funniest thing so far was the punch line of an old Morecombe and Wise sketch. Which I've seen before.
Every fucking Christmas.
Since I was four.
And it fucking sucks.

Apparently he knew Tony Hancock for years. I now know why he topped himself. ***MN to unpack my DVDs***



Carry On at Your Convenience is on now. It has Bernard Bresslaw in it. He played a seven foot tortoise in Doctor Who in 1966. Kenneth Cope is in it too. He played Hopkirk in the original Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), and ironically is about the only member of the cast who isn't now dead.
Shame.

I am ashamed to admit I didn't have to look either of those facts up. I am Russell T. Davies. Stay tuned for my riveting tale of the discovery of God in weston-super-mare, the heart warming story of a gay male lesbian from Cambridge finding love with a strong yet emotionally vulnerable "woman", and the exploits of the most attractive gay man on the streets of London and his somewhat weird and repressed Doctor Who fan friend.

Hmmm....

If anyone watched those three shows - you are a tosser. Even I couldn't stomach more than half an episode of Alan Davies.

Incidentally, the last time David Niven went on Parkinson he had Parkinson's and everybody thought he was drunk. He died of it a while after.

 

Comments:

Post a Comment

| ©2003 masterofreality | This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?